IDC's Low-Code, No-Code, and Generative AI Developer Technologies examines developer tools that leverage abstraction layers or intelligent technologies to accelerate the creation of digital solutions. Examples of such tools include intelligent code completion technologies, coding assistants, low-code and no-code developer tools, automated testing tools, and tools for building applications that leverage generative artificial intelligence (AI). The CIS examines not only developer tools and technologies; it also considers related technologies that leverage generative AI to manage the full life cycle of software development, inclusive of development, testing, deployment, monitoring, life-cycle management, and DevOps processes.
Low-Code, No-Code, and Generative AI Developer Technologies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- This CIS will analyze the landscape of development tools that specialize in the use of abstraction layers and intelligence to enhance and enrich development. Examples of such tools include low-code and no-code development tools and other intelligent developer tools that accelerate development by means of visual or natural language–guided tooling. These tools empower developers who may have little or no knowledge of custom coding and scripting to build digital solutions, as well as professional developers that need to accelerate product delivery.
- This CIS examines the market size and forecast for this landscape in terms of developers and competitive market revenue and provides qualitative commentary on market dynamics that are responsible for the growth and evolution of this landscape.
- For reporting purposes, the following competitive market-specific groupings illustrate our preliminary categorization of low-code, no-code and generative AI developer tools. (Note that these groupings may change.)
- Low-Code, No-Code, and GenAI Developer Technologies Competitive Market Shares
- Low-Code, No-Code, and GenAI Developer Technologies Competitive Market Forecast
- Low-Code, No-Code, and GenAI Developer Technologies Market Glance
- Key Takeaways from IDC's Low-Code Developer Census and Forecast
- Key Takeaways from IDC's No-Code Developer Census and Forecast
- Generative AI Adoption and Attitudes: A Survey of Developers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the capabilities of low-code, no-code, and genAI developer technologies today? How do we envision them evolving in the future?
- How are traditional development tools impacted or influenced by genAI developer technologies?
- How many developers are using low-code, no-code, and genAI development tools, and what do these individuals look like demographically?
- How will generative AI impact the software development life cycle?
- What types of applications are being created using genAI development tools?