IDC's Low-Code, No-Code and Intelligent Developer Technologies examines developer tools that leverage automated or intelligent technologies to create digital solutions. Examples of such tools include intelligent code completion technologies, low-code and no-code developer tools, automated testing tools, and intelligent data management tools that leverage machine learning to automate development-related data operations. Not only does the CIS examine application development tools such as IDEs, code editors, and visually guided developer tools, but it also considers related technologies that are used to manage the full life cycle of software development, inclusive of development, testing, deployment, monitoring, life-cycle management, and DevOps processes.
Low-Code, No-Code and Intelligent Developer Technologies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- This CIS will analyze the landscape of development tools that specialize in the use of automation and intelligence to enhance and enrich development. Examples of such tools include low-code and no-code development tools and other automated or intelligent developer tools that accelerate development by means of visually or orally guided tooling that empowers developers who may have little to no knowledge of custom coding and scripting to build digital solutions, as well as professional developers that need to accelerate product delivery.
- This CIS examines the market size and forecast for this landscape in terms of developers and competitive market revenue and provides qualitative commentary on market dynamics that are responsible for the growth and evolution of this landscape.
- For reporting purposes, the following competitive market-specific groupings illustrate our preliminary categorization of low-code, no-code and intelligent developer tools: 1) Low-code, no-code and AI-infused developer tools, 2) testing and software change management, 3) collaboration, and 4) data-related software. (Note that these groupings may change.)
- Low-Code, No-Code and Intelligent Development Competitive Market Shares
- Low-Code, No-Code and Intelligent Development Competitive Market Forecast
- Low-Code, No-Code Developer Tools Market Glance
- Key Takeaways from IDC's Low-Code Developer Census and Forecast
- Key Takeaways from IDC's No-Code Developer Census and Forecast
- Intelligent Developer Tools Market Glance
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the capabilities of low-code, no-code and intelligent developer tools today? How do we envision them evolving in the future?
- How are traditional development tools impacted or influenced by intelligent development tools?
- How many developers are using low-code, no-code and intelligent development tools, and what do these individuals look like demographically?
- What is the relationship between intelligent development tools and discrete cloud services?
- What types of applications are being created using intelligent development tools?
Meet the Experts
Research Vice President, Software Development
Research Manager, Low-Code, No-Code, and Intelligent Developer Technologies