IDC's Production and Large Format Print Markets service analyzes market trends, technology developments, distribution channel issues, print buyers' evolving needs, and high-volume digital print trends. The service examines the worldwide and U.S. opportunities for digital printing and finishing equipment being placed in production environments such as quick printing, display graphics printers, reprographics shops, sign and screen printers, in-plant operations, commercial print, direct mail, and transaction printers. The service quantifies the opportunity by examining shipment history, market share changes, and print volume trends. Forecasts and analysis are provided for key segments tracked in both production and large format markets. Primary research will cover topics from the buyer and the channel perspectives.
Production and Large Format Print Markets
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- High-speed inkjet press markets
- Color and monochrome print-on-demand and transaction print markets
- Production print page volumes
- Market share analysis in key segments
- Large format print market including CAD/technical, display graphics, and grand format
- Worldwide and U.S. Color and Monochrome Print-on-Demand Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide and U.S. High-Speed Inkjet Press Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide and North America Large Format Printer Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide and U.S. Continuous Feed Printer Engine Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide and U.S. Production Print Page Volume Forecast
- Primary Research on Technology Adoption, Applications, Print Volumes, and End-User Segments
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the market sizing and growth trends within the different market segments of the production and large format printing markets?
- What applications are driving digital print growth, and which are expected to erode to digital displacement? How will digital displays impact the large format market?
- How are print service providers integrating IT and other new services (e.g., ecommerce and automation) to drive growth? What business development tools are necessary to take advantage of the opportunity?
- What are the new products and technologies that could change the respective production and large format competitive landscapes? How will these products and technologies change these markets?
- Who are the leaders, major players, contenders, and participants in the emerging high-speed inkjet press market?
Adobe Systems Incorporated, Agfa-Gevaert N.V., Canon Inc., Delphax Technologies Inc., Digital Graphics Incorporation, Durst, Eastman Kodak Company, Electronics for Imaging, Inc., FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Founders, HP Inc., Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG, INFINITI SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED, Inca Digital Printers LTD., KIP Limited, KYOCERA Corporation, Koenig & Bauer AG, Komori Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Kornit Digital Ltd., Landa Corporation, MGI S.A., Memjet Ltd, Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd., Miyakoshi Printing Machinery Co., Ltd., Mutoh Holdings Co., Ltd., Oki Data Corporation, Pitney Bowes Inc., Pitney Bowes Software Inc., R. R. DONNELLEY & SONS COMPANY, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Roland Corporation, Ryobi Limited, SCREEN Graphic Solutions Co. Ltd., Seiko Epson Corp., Timsons, Tokyo Kikai Seisakusho, Xeikon N.V., Xerox Corporation, d.gen Inc.