AI AI StrategiesView 2023: Premium provides an overview of AI adoption and trends among IT buyers. This product looks at IT customers' current and future AI investments and adoption rates, workloads, and economics. This product is focused on better understanding of what drives customer behavior for AI on a worldwide basis across different buyer personas. AI StrategiesView 2023: Premium delivers primary research via an annual survey that addresses key issues in the adoption, use, and influence of AI systems, platforms, and related components.
AI StrategiesView 2023: Premium
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Overall adoption — by type (hardware, software, services), spend, project/use cases
- Impact on overall hardware and software decisions (open source versus commercial)
- Deployment location — on premises, edge, public cloud
- Use cases/workloads
- Vendor perceptions
- Embedded versus product sales
- Solution selling
- Cloud models versus discrete products
- Inference versus training
- Implications for data and data management
- Professional services
- Staffing — trade-offs, dependencies (e.g., data integration), time spent on tasks
- Executive Summary: This summary provides in-depth analysis of the survey results, which include strategic messages, key highlights, implications, and essential guidance for AI strategies.
- Survey Findings: This presentation provides a summary of results in the form of charts and figures for each survey question for easy viewing.
- Banner Books: These banner books provide data results of this study across different segment views (e.g., firm size, geography, and industry).
- Webinar: IDC will provide a webinar as an interactive session to review and discuss the results of this study.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are customers thinking, planning, and investing with regard to AI technologies?
- What are the major drivers of and inhibitors for AI adoption based on different buyer persona?
- Which financial metrics will matter in AI and how will AI economics evolve?
- How will AI intersect with other technologies?
- How will AI business metrics evolve with the mainstream buyer?
ARM Limited, Adobe Systems Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon Web Services Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi Vantara LLC, IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., TIBCO Software Inc., Teradata Corporation
Meet the Experts
Group Vice President, Worldwide Artificial Intelligence and Automation Research Practice Global AI Research Lead