IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Medical Device Digital Strategies provides a comprehensive analysis of how IT and digital technologies are transforming the medical devices global value chain. The research service provides medical device companies and their technology vendors with critical insights and guidance on how they can leverage IT and digital technologies to optimize their research and commercial and operational focus, transform their business models, and accelerate time to value.
IDC Health Insights: Worldwide Medical Device Digital Strategies
This service employs comprehensive data and unique analysis through focused topical surveys, primary and secondary research, and ongoing insights from industry experts, practitioners, and technology vendors. To maximize the relevance of the content, IDC Health Insights' analysts continuously work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Medical device industry best practices related to the business process and technology alignment
- Data strategy innovation and optimization across the medical device industry value chain
- Predictive analytics technologies, powered by AI/ML delivering insights and automating processes
- Edge and cloud computing to improve operational capabilities and to support the development and delivery of new products and services
- Innovation of medical device R&D (trials management, lab of the future, ecosystem collaboration)
- The role of real-world evidence in transforming medical device development, repurposing, and value-based reimbursement models
- Regulatory compliance and adoption of GxP
- Medical device supply chain and operations management transformation
- New approaches to consumers and customers' experience and engagement management
- Sales and marketing optimization
- The ongoing shift from applications to solutions and from platforms to outcomes to support new business models
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can medical device companies keep ahead of the industry evolution to protect strategic advantages and remain competitive in the new normal? What is the impact of the 3rd Platform and innovation accelerator technologies across the value chain from research to production to distribution? What does the future of industry look like in the face of fast-evolving digital trends?
- How can medical device companies derive business value from regulatory compliance efforts and spending? How do you turn compliance and adoption of GxP into a competitive advantage? What is the impact of new value-based reimbursement models? How can more effective use of data, information, and knowledge reduce both costs and risks of the new medical device business environment?
- How can companies accelerate new medical device development and approval leveraging technology? How they can better leverage industry ecosystems to drive the development of new products?
- How can medical device companies improve their supply chain and operations management leveraging technology? How they can better leverage industry ecosystems to improve operations and supply chain management?
- How can medical device companies improve consumer and healthcare provider engagement and interaction leveraging technology? How can they better leverage industry ecosystems to improve customer experience and introduce new services?
Who Should Subscribe
This service is ideally suited to support the needs of diverse personas at medical device companies, including chief information officers, chief executive officers, and senior IT, strategy, and business management professionals, as well as the technology vendors offering commercial solutions to medical device companies worldwide.
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, IDC Health Insights Europe
Research Director, Europe