IDC's Knowledge Discovery program analyzes the technological capabilities, market trends, and buyer needs surrounding the evolution of search into knowledge discovery. Knowledge discovery systems use a combination of AI/ML, NLP, ontologies/taxonomies, and techniques such as semantic knowledge graphs and vector search to analyze various structured and unstructured forms of data from different repositories and proactively surface contextualized insights, products, and other recommendations.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Knowledge discovery software (KDS) refers to software product/services that are used to develop solutions that find and provide answers, entities (people, places, things), and/or information and knowledge. This program will cover the following topics:
- Knowledge discovery and search systems and use cases, including departmental, enterprise, and task-based search systems; general-purpose question-answering systems, expert identification, public-facing site search, and ecommerce-based/product search and recommendations as well as unified information access systems that combine text analytics, clustering, categorization, and search
- Underlying technologies such as NLP, semantic knowledge graphs, vector search, just-in-time insights delivery, knowledge mining, semantic analysis, ML- and NLP-based clustering and categorization, and information visualization
- Knowledge-as-a-service platforms focused on areas such as situational intelligence, competitive intelligence, and market intelligence
- AI technologies and techniques for constructing taxonomies/ontologies, knowledge bases, and enterprise knowledge graphs for use cases including conversational AI, general-purpose question answering, and information discovery
- Market Share: Knowledge Discovery Software
- Market Forecast: Knowledge Discovery Software
- Market Analysis Perspective: Knowledge Discovery Software
- IDC MarketScape: Knowledge Discovery Software
- Buyer Survey: Knowledge Discovery Software
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the trends, opportunities, and market size for knowledge discovery software?
- How will knowledge discovery software change the enterprise applications landscape?
- How will knowledge discovery augment and enrich knowledge work, and how can that value best be measured and communicated?
- How are vendor offerings in the knowledge discovery market differentiated?
- What challenges do businesses face in building and adopting knowledge discovery solutions?
Algolia Inc., AlphaSense, Inc., BA Insight LLC, BloomReach, Inc., Cambridge Semantics Inc., Coveo Solutions Inc., Crayon Inc., Dassault Systemes SE, Elastic NV, Funnelback Pty Ltd, Google LLC, IBM, IHS Markit Ltd., Inbenta Technologies Inc., Kyndi, Inc., LucidWorks Inc., Lucy, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mindbreeze Software GmbH, Northern Light Group LLC, OpenText Corporation, Palantir Technologies Inc., Primer Technologies, Inc., SearchBlox Software Inc., SearchUnify, Semantic Web Company GmbH, Sindice Ltd., Sinequa SAS, Smartlogic Semaphore Ltd., Squirro Group, Starmind International AG, Yext Inc.