IDC's Canadian Cloud Services research provides an overarching analysis on the uptake of cloud services among Canadian organizations. It examines the opportunity and customer demand for software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS). It offers a view on the shift of software buying patterns from on premises to cloud as well as the adoption of development tools, data management, and infrastructure. It will consider how factors such as hybrid work is accelerating cloud services adoption. It offers a view on the progress of Canadian organizations around running hybrid and multicloud environments as well as the Canadian cloud ecosystem along with insights into cloud cost optimization.
Canadian Cloud Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Software as a service
- Platform as a service
- Infrastructure as a service
- Customer adoption trends: Preferences, drivers, and inhibitors
- Adoption of hybrid cloud and multicloud
- Impact on IT vendors, service providers, and channel
- IDC Survey: Buyer Strategies and Plans for Canada
- End-User Views on SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Adoption of DevOps and FinOps
- PaaS and IaaS Market Forecast
- Impact of Hybrid Work on Cloud Adoption
- Software-as-a-Service Competitive Overview
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are key software markets such as financial applications, collaboration, CRM, HCM, and marketing changing in Canada because of cloud computing?
- How are organizations progressing in their shift from on premises to cloud?
- How is cloud shifting the competitive landscape in software?
- How are organizations procuring SaaS and pricing preferences?
- How are organizations addressing application development and modernization?
- What are the best practices being adopted by end users when it comes to cloud migration?
- What are end users' drivers and challenges around the adoption of PaaS and IaaS in Canada?
- How are Canadian organizations going about cloud cost optimization?
ADP LLC, Acumatica, Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Avaya Inc., Ceridian HCM Holding, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Epicor Software Corporation, FreshBooks Inc., Google LLC, IBM, IFS AB, Infor Inc., Informatica LLC, Intuit Inc., Kronos Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Oracle NetSuite, OutSystems S.A., Red Hat, Inc., RingCentral, Inc., SAP SE, SYSPRO, Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Shopify Inc., Slack Technologies, Inc., Software AG, TIBCO Software Inc., The Ultimate Software Group, Inc., Unit4 NV, VMware, Inc., Workday, Inc., Xero Limited, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Zoom Video Communications Inc.