IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Circular Economy Strategies is a continuous intelligence service covering the life cycle of manufactured products (closed-loop R&D, production, supply chain and logistics, services, reverse logistics, remanufacturing, and recycling). It provides framework-based guidance on how manufacturers can develop and deploy circular principles in their operations to create a purpose-driven environment and enable profitable growth.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Circular Economy Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital technology and related processes relevant to circular economy principles in manufacturing environments, including waste optimization, raw material, and water and energy management
- Requirements specific to manufacturers with, or planning to open, remanufacturing facilities/business units (e.g., specific software for operations planning, management, and logistics)
- Regulatory and market requirements impacting manufacturers' technology investment decisions in the context of new circular economy-based business models and/or waste optimization
- Implications of waste optimization and remanufacturing strategies for end users — consumption of raw materials and energy, CO2 emissions, and costs for the consumer
- Manufacturers' future circular economy-driven digital business models, including analysis and thought leadership related to potential monetization models (e.g., new pricing approaches, digital sales channels, and ecosystem partners).
- Future digital business operating models, including analysis and thought leadership related to future supply chains/networks, factory operations, new ways of working/future work experiences, customer engagements/experience, and sustainability (ESG)
- IDC PlanScape: How to Manage and Scale Circular Economy Practices in Manufacturing
- IDC PlanScape: How to Manage and Scale Complex MRO Enabled by Digital Technology
- PeerScape: Best Practices of Manufacturers Managing and Scaling Remanufacturing Operations Enabled by Digital Technology
- PeerScape: Best Practices of Manufacturers Managing and Scaling Cloud to Support Circular Manufacturing Practices
- MarketScape: Remanufacturing Operations Management Software
- IDC Taxonomy: Manufacturing Circular Economy Use Case Taxonomy
- MarketGlance: Manufacturing Circular Economy
- IDC Innovators: Remanufacturing Software
- IDC Perspective: Manufacturing Circular Economy in the Context of Regulations (U.S. and EU)
- IDC Perspective: Net Zero Transition Through the Application of Circular Principles
- End-user case studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How should manufacturers manage their operations to operationalize their circular economy targets?
- What technologies, people, processes, and organizations are needed to set up a waste-optimal manufacturing environment?
- What technologies, people, and processes do manufacturers need to significantly benefit from the circular economy?
- What technology trends will shape the future of the circular economy and waste-optimal manufacturing?
- How can digital technologies best be leveraged to create a transparent and sustainable end-to-end value chain, including specific use cases?