IDC's Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Networking product provides voice and data networking vendors and resellers with the intelligence and analysis necessary to create winning price and product positioning strategies. The product covers networking hubs, switches, routers, and supporting accessories, and it provides detailed analysis of current and future price trends and access to robust analysis tools. Through IDC's Pricing eValuator web site, clients can access real-time pricing, promotions, and specifications for select networking topic areas — security hardware, wireless networking, switching, and software (includes network management, emulation, communications, security, Internet, and virus detection) — or may opt for a compilation of all topic areas.
Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Networking
This product covers the following segments of the voice and data networking market:
- Wireless networking
- Firewall and security
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Impact of pricing on emerging distribution channels
- Declining reseller and vendor margins
- Opportunities in a maturing market
- Winners and losers in the protracted price war
- Multiple sources of components fueling a supplier price war
- Vendor pricing profiles
- Emerging pricing trends in corporate procurement
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How do component costs affect overall system prices and vendor selling strategies?
- What are the defining issues and predictors of pricing over the next year?
- Which vendors initiate/dominate price leadership in the marketplace?
- How do technology changes affect the procurement decisions of major corporate buyers?
Price Collection Methodology Overview
Timely Delivery and Support
Internet access to data and analysis tools is provided via IDC's Pricing eValuator web site. The tools and services available to clients include the following:
- Price and specifications database includes list-, street-, and distributor-level pricing as well as specifications, historical pricing, and product availability information.
- Market monitor provides continuous analysis of the pricing marketplace by integrating real-time pricing with written spot analysis.
- Promotions database includes detailed information on current promotions and rebates. Full promotion descriptions, pricing, and valid offer dates are included.
- IDC updates detail price and promotion changes and new product announcements as they happen, emphasizing fast delivery of pricing data so clients can react rapidly.
- Custom consulting is available for special projects.
- Easy-to-use configuration builder and product comparison tools are available.
Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Arista Networks, Inc., Aruba Networks, Inc., Avaya Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Extreme Networks, Inc., ForeScout Technologies Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., Meru Networks, Inc., Motorola Solutions, Inc., Ruckus Wireless, Inc.