IDC's Canadian Infrastructure and Platform as a Service program is a primary input for IT vendors, service providers, channel partners, and IT departments to align with changing demands in the datacentre and market forces. The service delivers in-depth and impactful analysis to sales and marketing teams and end-user IT on a regular basis. Coverage includes market sizing and context for a variety of deployment methodologies, from platform as a service (PaaS) to public infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to traditional on-premise deployments, converged and hyperconverged infrastructure, software-defined datacentres, server, storage, and networking equipment. Valuable components of the service include on-demand access to analysts, competitive analysis exercises, and the opportunity for advanced strategic assessment engagements.
The focus of Canadian Infrastructure and Platform as a Service is to help vendors create more effective sales and marketing initiatives via improved targeting, better engage with end-user organizations and partners leading to greater market penetration, and improve profitability with improved attach rates. In addition, our custom research helps IT departments and CIOs learn where and how to place their bets in order to maximize returns on their IT investments.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise storage
- Converged infrastructure
- Networking hardware (switch, router, WLAN, etc.)
- Infrastructure software and services
- IT operations and the CIO agenda
- Market drivers, inhibitors, and triggers
- Go-to-market and infrastructure deployment strategies
- New technology adoption rates and market impact
- Market sizing, forecasts, and competitive analysis
- Canadian Server, Storage, and Networking Equipment Forecasts
- Emerging Technology Adoption
- Canadian Server, Storage, and Networking Equipment Market Shares
- Canadian Server and Storage and Networking Equipment Vendor Perceptions
- Cloud Service Provider Perceptions, as well as PaaS and IaaS Buyer Behavior
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which deployment methodologies are gaining traction and why?
- What are the effects of new market forces and technologies such as ODM (original device manufacturers) servers, solid state storage, edge computing, and network intelligence?
- How and where can partners best add value to the infrastructure ecosystem?
- How are infrastructure and cloud service provider brands perceived in the Canadian marketplace?
- What are the initiatives and expectations surrounding automation/orchestration and IT operations strategies?