IDC's Canadian Communications Market Drivers and Strategies program provides communications service providers and IT vendors with executive-level insights and compelling thought leadership into competitive, technological, and regulatory trends impacting the Canadian communications services market. This service also offers unparalleled detail in sizing and forecasting market segments and insights into new opportunities, lists drivers of the communications service providers of the future, and offers advice based on end-user research.
Canadian Communications Market Drivers and Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Broadband internet access, including cable, DSL, and fixed wireless
- IP convergence and WAN data services
- Wireless voice and data, including 4G/5G, WLAN, and wireless enterprise adoption
- Wireline local access and long distance traditional markets and next-generation SIP trunk access and SD-WAN
- Residential, small, and medium-sized businesses; enterprises; and wholesale markets
- Next-generation network (NGN) trends and communications service providers of the future series
- Who's Who in the Zoo: Canadian Communications Services Market Shares
- Canadian Communications Service Provider Capex Spending
- Canadian Wireless Services Forecast
- Canadian Communications Services Forecast
- Business Telecom Survey of Usage and Preference
- Business TV Forecast
- Communications Service Providers of the Future — Emerging Topic Series
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the current competitive dynamics in the communications service sector?
- How should communications service providers approach each market segment?
- What are the size and market share position of players in each segment?
- How are communications service providers leveraging next-generation technology, and what opportunities are emerging from IP convergence?
- What is the impact of emerging technologies on both network architecture and service delivery?
- How will the market for wireless services evolve over the next five years?
AT&T Inc., Allstream Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Avaya Inc., BELL ALIANT REGIONAL COMMNS INCOME FUND, Bell Canada, CenturyLink Inc., Ciena Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Cogeco Communications Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Eastlink, Ericsson, Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Hydro One Telecom Inc., IBM, Intel Corporation, Manitoba Telecom Services Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Northwestel Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., Samsung, Saskatchewan Telecommunications Holding Corporation, TELUS Corporation, Telesat, Terago Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vonage Holdings Corp.