IDC's Personal Computers service provides qualitative analysis of the worldwide personal computer marketplace. This program tracks the progress and long-term impact of emerging and established trends in the PC market. New and traditional computing opportunities, such as Chromebooks, Ultrabooks, and all-in-one (AIO) desktops, are evaluated based on timely market intelligence from manufacturing sources, vendor input, component suppliers, and extensive knowledge of influential analysts. This service provides PC vendors, component suppliers, and investors with the information necessary to make critical business decisions.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- U.S. and worldwide PC industry developments by region, sub–form factor, channel, and segment
- Analysis of notebooks by screen size
- Analysis of interface technologies embedded into PCs
- Quarterly growth forecast by form factor and segment
- Buying patterns among consumer and commercial PC buyers
- Changes in market share position among major vendors
- Shifts in distribution channels
- Detailed views of customer segments, including home, business, and public sectors
- Worldwide and U.S. PC Client Sub–Form Factor Forecast
- Worldwide PC Interface and Technologies Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. Consumer Buyer Survey (Annual)
- Links on Specific Events, such as Earnings Release, CES, Product Launch
- Worldwide PC Market Review (Quarterly)
- Worldwide PC Forecast Updates (Quarterly)
- Worldwide and U.S. Commercial Buyer Survey (Annual)
- Vendor Profiles
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the environmental, secular, and competitive factors affecting buying choices?
- What are the emerging trends in PC form factors?
- What interface trends are emerging?
- What are the winning strategies and innovative approaches of successful vendors?
- What are the emerging trends in key verticals, such as education?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Acer Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Apple Inc., Dell Inc., Dolby Laboratories Inc., Fujitsu Limited, HP Inc., Intel Corporation, LG Corp., Lenovo Group Limited, MSI, Microsoft Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Phoenix Technologies Ltd, Samsung, Sony Corporation, Synaptics Inc., Toshiba Corporation