IDC's Australia and New Zealand 3rd Platform Heat Maps research program outlines the adoption of 3rd Platform technologies across all industries, sizes, and maturity. The heat map program addresses the market opportunities including:
- The addressable/accessible market
- Customer drivers for investment and adoption
- The role of the service provider to add value
The structure of the document is a PowerPoint slide that can be easily read and understood across the cloud, infrastructure, and services organization. CXOs, LOBs, sales, and the strategy teams are leveraging this report series as an easily consumable representation of the market category to align their product market fit and go-to-market process.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Mobility — CYOD/BYOD, application development, test, and management
- Cloud — SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and professional services
- Innovation accelerators: Artificial intelligence/cognitive, AR/VR, next-gen security, DevOps, digital trust
- IT services and managed services — Customer drivers for adoption
- Future of work and the future enterprise
- C-suite and LOB decision making — Approach to and adoption of technology across the organization
- Future of Work Heat Map
- Cloud Heat Map
- Next-Gen Security Heat Map
- Artificial Intelligence Heat Map
- Future Applications Heat Map
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the strategic importance of the 3rd Platform elements, and where will the benefit be realized?
- Who are the owners and drivers for adoption within the organization?
- What is the timing for adoption and proportion of budgetary focus?
- What are the risks, concerns, and considerations of the organizations in leveraging the technology?
- How are the organizations going to leverage the service provider community?
- Why is that provider is important, and what are the expectations?