Supported by a virtual team of analysts based in all regions of the world, IDC's Global Sourcing Strategies service identifies opportunities and analyzes strategies for IT and business services firms, technology firms with services businesses, and pure-play offshore services companies. The service leverages IDC's worldwide analyst coverage to deliver forecasts, local and regional trend analysis, and competitive analysis of key services players.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- End-customer spending and forecasts on global sourcing services
- Established IT and business process services firms' global sourcing services activities
- Role of automation on IT and business process services
- Local and regional global sourcing services trends
- Impact of digital (e.g., cloud, mobile, social, analytics, and IoT) on the services industry
- Customer preferences and best practices regarding global sourcing services
- Significance and strategic impact of key countries (e.g., Brazil, Russia, India, and China)
- Comparative analysis of global sourcing providers' strengths and weaknesses
- Country-level analysis
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis for Global Sourcing of IT Services
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis for Global Sourcing of BPO Services
- Adoption of Managed Digital Services (e.g., cloud, IoT, mobile, analytics, cognitive/AI, and social)
- Impact of Managed Cloud Services on Global Sourcing Models
- Outsourcing and Managed Cloud Services Deal Making
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- From which geographic locations do customers want to source their services?
- How will global sourcing impact the future delivery capabilities of providers?
- What effect will the global sourcing phenomenon have on IT and business services pricing?
- What is the structure of an optimal global sourcing model?
- How does a global sourcing strategy offer opportunities regarding IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services?
- How will the adoption of digital capabilities (e.g., cloud, IoT, social, analytics, and mobile) impact the global sourcing model?