On a global basis, executives struggle to balance the day-to-day demands of tactical ICT improvements with the need to view ICT as a strategic priority for their long-term success. Canadian financial services firms are no different in that regard. By assessing the business drivers unique to the Canadian market and the related technology enablers, we help clients better target and focus on the key IT opportunities in one of Canada's largest IT market segments, the financial services sector. IDC Financial Insights' Canadian Financial Industry Strategies examines the strategies banking, insurance, wealth management, and capital markets groups are using across core systems, enterprise applications, mobile devices, payment processes, and infrastructure technologies. Particular attention is given to digitization initiatives and how FinTech-based companies are impacting incumbents. Our in-country advisors actively engage with management teams and vendors to provide strategic guidance to the financial services and vendor communities.
IDC Financial Insights' Canadian Financial Industry Strategies equips financial institutions and IT vendors with the market insights, competitive analysis, and demand-side adoption trend information necessary to make informed, critical decisions on their technology investments and market positioning.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Transitioning to a digital bank
- ICT expenditures for banks and the insurance industry
- Digital currencies and blockchain initiatives
- Consumer usage and satisfaction with banking channels
- Mobile banking and payments
- Payments strategies and directions
- Risk, compliance, and anti–money laundering
- Big data and analytics
- Regulatory trends and their impact
- Banking payment hubs
- FinTech competitive activities and comparison of FinTech innovators
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are the needs of Canadian consumers and companies changing, and what will this mean for the financial industry (FI) sectors that serve them?
- What are the current and emerging strategic business priorities of the Canadian financial services sector?
- How can delivery channels be a source of value addition through which high-margin relationships can be created and sustained? What makes a difference in winning "share of wallet" from customers?
- What are the unique business and ICT dynamics within the Canadian financial services sector, how are they being influenced by initiatives in other geographic locations, and how will they impact the industry in the future?
- What initiatives do Canadian banks have under way or planned to transition to a digital bank, and what are the optimal transformation strategies for banks to consider?
- Which technologies and services are financial institutions investing in to support their business strategies, who are the key vendors, how large are the opportunities, and how can technology providers optimize their business models to benefit from these opportunities?
- How can financial institutions leverage innovative partnerships and collaboration with vendors, merchants, network providers, and other financial industry entities?
- How are FinTech-based companies evolving?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Financial Insights' Canadian Financial Industry Strategies provides business managers and executives within Canadian banking, insurance, and financial markets and institutions and the technology product managers and marketers that support the industry with timely and accurate data and advice. Our ongoing and continual interaction with our clients truly assists them to make better-informed decisions and improve their operations and competitiveness.