IDC Health Insights' Worldwide Life Science IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology (IT) spending in the life science industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by life science companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Health Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the life science industry.
The Worldwide Life Science IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Health Insights' ongoing research, along with direct communication with industry experts, life science executives, and vendors. The Worldwide Life Science IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the life science industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 20+ technologies, 5 geographic regions, and 6 customer segments.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Segmentation by region, including Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), Japan, the United States, Western Europe, and the rest of the world
- Segmentation by technology category, including hardware, packaged software, and IT services, with many subsegments in each of these categories
- Segmentation by customer type, including academia (worldwide universities and nonprofit institutions), biotechnology and biopharma companies, diagnostic and health-screening companies, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and contract research organizations (CROs)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide life science IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Who Should Subscribe
The Worldwide Life Science IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to support the needs of life science IT users, including CIOs; leaders in product development, strategic planning, and mergers and acquisitions; and investment bankers with an interest in the life science IT market. The Worldwide Life Science IT Spending Guide is also utilized by IT suppliers including systems integrators, specialized IT product vendors, and global, horizontal IT vendors.