IDC's Latin America Black Book service is a quarterly study on current and projected investments in IT hardware, packaged software, IT services, and telecommunications services in the region's top markets: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Perú, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela, as well as the rest of Latin America. The data presented is consistent to facilitate cross-country and cross-regional comparisons. The information is presented by total spending in U.S. dollars, annual growth rates, and overall IT spending proportions for each of the technology areas covered.
Latin America Black Book
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Business services: Business services
- Services: Project oriented
- Services: Outsourcing
- Services: Support and training
- Software: System infrastructure software
- Software: Application development and deployment
- Software: Applications
- Hardware: High-end servers
- Hardware: Midrange servers
- Hardware: Volume servers
- Hardware: Traditional PCs
- Hardware: IaaS
- Hardware: Feature phones
- Hardware: Hardcopy peripherals
- Hardware: Smartphones
- Hardware: Tablets
- Hardware: Enterprise network
- Hardware: PC monitors
- Hardware: External storage system
- Hardware: Telecom equipment
- Telecom services: Fixed voice
- Telecom services: Fixed data
- Telecom services: Wireless voice
- Telecom services: Wireless data
- IT Market Growth per Country
- IT Market Distribution by Technology
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which country has the fastest-growing IT market?
- Which technology market has the biggest share in Latin America and in each country?
- What's the country's distribution per technology market?
- Which technology market is growing most rapidly?