IDC's Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Software product provides technology vendors with the intelligence and competitive price analysis necessary to create winning price and positioning strategies. The product provides detailed analysis of current and future price trends and access to robust analysis tools. Through IDC's Pricing eValuator web site, clients can access real-time pricing, promotions, and specifications for select software topic areas — business productivity, communications, database, design, multimedia, operating systems, and programming and development — or may opt for a compilation of all topic areas.
This product covers the following segments of the software market:
- Business productivity
- Design and multimedia
- Operating systems
- Programming and development
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Impact of pricing on emerging distribution channels
- Declining reseller and vendor margins
- Opportunities in a maturing market
- Winners and losers in the protracted price war
- Vendor pricing profiles
- Emerging pricing trends in corporate procurement
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the defining issues and predictors of pricing over the next year?
- Which vendors initiate/dominate price leadership in the marketplace?
- Given its complexity, what is an accurate and true comparison of pricing of software as a service?
- What are key vendor strategies for determining price position, and how can vendors maximize their own price position?
Price Collection Methodology Overview
Timely Delivery and Support
Internet access to data and analysis tools is provided via IDC's Pricing eValuator web site. The tools and services available to clients include the following:
- Price and specifications database includes list-, street-, eretailer-, web-, and distributor-level pricing as well as specifications, historical pricing, and product availability information.
- eRetailer pricing database captures pricing by more than 100 individual retailers, allowing for easy comparison between ecommerce, vendor web, and distributor pricing.
- Product comparison builder tool matches your products with peer products from competitors and updates pricing and differences on a daily basis.
- Promotions database includes detailed information on current promotions, rebates, and SPIFs. Full promotion descriptions, pricing, and valid offer dates are included.
- IDC updates detail price and promotion changes and new product announcements as they happen, emphasizing fast delivery of pricing data so clients can react rapidly.
- Custom consulting is available for special projects.
ASG Software Solutions,
AXONN MEDIA LIMITED,
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
BMC Software, Inc.,
Barracuda Networks, Inc.,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
CommVault Systems, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,
SAS Institute Inc.,
STERLING COMMERCE, LLC,
Serena Software, Inc.,