Dec 2015 - IDC MaturityScape Benchmark - Doc # US40697315
IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: Big Data and Analytics in the United States, 2016
This IDC study presents the results of IDC's 2015 Big Data and Analytics MaturityScape Benchmark Survey and should be viewed as a supplement to IDC MaturityScape: Big Data and Analytics (IDC #255138, June 2015). Together, they provide a comprehensive overview of the IDC's Big Data and analytics maturity model:
- The study presents the results from quantitative research that will enable organizations to work with IDC to assess their BDA maturity level against industry benchmarks and make data-driven decisions based on their organizational goals.
- In IDC MaturityScape: Big Data and Analytics (IDC #255138, June 2015), we identifies the stages, dimensions, outcomes, and actions that organizations should consider to effectively develop BDA competency. It updates the BDA maturity model presented in IDC MaturityScape: Big Data and Analytics - A Guide to Unlocking Information Assets (IDC #239771, March 2013).
This document enables organizations to answer the following questions:
- How will BDA affect the way we do business?
- Where are we on a maturity scale for BDA competencies in terms of the business needs? Where are our peers?
- How should we establish standards for pursuing BDA initiatives?
- What's the path to encourage and improve intra- and intergroup collaboration in promoting and encouraging the use of BDA solutions?
- How can we maximize returns on investment in Big Data, data warehousing, business intelligence, advanced analytics, and related technology, people, and processes?
"The BDA capabilities are represented by a complex interplay of technology, data, processes, and people looking to derive value from data," says Dan Vesset, program vice president of IDC's Business Analytics research. "However, most organizations still haven't taken full advantage of their BDA capabilities. To harness the possibilities of BDA, organizations will find the need to improve across some or many dimensions of Big Data and Analytics maturity model."