Jan 2017 - IDC PlanScape - Doc # US42174616
IDC PlanScape: The 3rd Generation of eCommerce
This IDC PlanScape serves as a guide that helps retailers that have already set up their omni-channel strategies and want to grow ecommerce relevance in the omni-channel ecosystem answer the following questions:
- Why do we need to enter the 3rd generation of ecommerce?
- What are the fundamental changes needed to adapt retailers' capabilities to the 3rd generation of ecommerce?
- What are ecommerce business model main drivers that enable the improvement of customer experience in an omni-channel ecosystem?
- Who are the key stakeholders involved in the governance of the 3rd generation of ecommerce?
- How will today's omni-channel structure take customers by the hand in their journey to an enjoyable and recurring "commerce everywhere" experience, and how is this providing omni-channel profitability?
"The 3rd generation of ecommerce is characterized by mobile-first experiences, real-time analytics and IoT-driven individual experiences for both known and anonymous customers, a new last mile delivery ecosystem opportunity and the usage of industry collaborative platforms to unlock innovative business models. IDC Retail Insights' 3rd generation ecommerce framework help retailers align the eCommerce experience and differentiate omni-channel customer journey objectives," said Ivano Ortis, Associate Vice President, IDC Retail Insights.
Analytic applications, App stores, Augmented and virtual reality, Customer relationship management applications, Governance, risk and compliance infrastructure, Integration and process automation middleware, Internet of things, Networking and connectivity devices, Order management, Platform as a service, Public cloud services, Software as a service, Technology buyer, eCommerce