TECH BUYER Mar 2017 - IDC Perspective - Doc # US42331117
Sourcing Strategies for Digital Transformation — Part 1: Vendor Sourcing Under Fire
This IDC Perspective provides insight to CFOs, CIOs, CPOs, and VSM practitioners on the challenges of sourcing 3rd Platform technologies to support digital transformation initiatives. It explores why the VSM maturity level has shifted in the negative direction so dramatically over the past several years. Furthermore, this IDC Perspective takes a deeper look at the key VSM maturity dimensions and explores how they can be enhanced so that enterprises can begin to step up to the challenges:
- Developing a comprehensive vision for VSM that promotes a fiscally responsible yet market-driven approach to sourcing
- Developing, attracting, and retaining people necessary to implement and execute the vision
- Streamlining outdated and cumbersome processes, making sourcing more effective
- Implementing effective execution/governance for upholding fiscal responsibility and managing risk
- Leveraging technology for efficient sourcing execution
According to Aaron Polikaitis, VP for IDC's IT Executive Programs' Vendor Sourcing and Management practice, "VSM operations are struggling to keep up with digital transformation initiatives and 3rd Platform technologies — many are performing back-office administrative functions and will continue to do so until they take positive action to correct their current trajectory."
List of Tables
List of Figures
When you purchase this document, the purchase price can be applied to the cost of an annual subscription, giving you access to more research for your investment.