TECH SUPPLIER Sep 2019 - IDC Survey - Doc # US44537119
Key Spend Findings from IDC's Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Intelligent Automation Services Survey, 2019
This IDC Survey examines the spending intentions and behaviors of buyers of analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and intelligent automation services. It includes data taken from respondents' answers to questions about a range of issues, including the following:
- What are your organization's top 3 use cases for analytics, AI, and intelligent automation solutions?
- How are/will analytics, AI, and intelligent automation services engagements be funded within your organization?
- What is the average analytics, AI, and intelligent automation services contract length at your organization?
- What pricing schemes are/will be utilized to carry out analytics, AI, and intelligent automation engagements externally?
- Which business functions will receive the highest analytics, AI, and intelligent automation services investment in the next 12 months?
The worldwide sample size of 346 respondents included participants from the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia, from a variety of industries and organization sizes ranging from 500 employees to more than 10,000 employees. Respondents were asked to characterize the state of their organization's business analytics strategy using a five-stage maturity model. The survey includes analysis by analytics maturity, size, and selected major industry (including retail and wholesale; transportation, communication, and utilities; manufacturing; and financial services).