TECH SUPPLIER Sep 2019 - Market Analysis Perspective - Doc # US44777819
Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Cybersecurity AIRO, 2019 — Foresight Is 20/20
This IDC Market Analysis Perspective examines the cybersecurity AIRO (analytics, intelligence, response, and orchestration) market that has been revamped to include the new markets of security analytics, discrete automation and orchestration services/platforms, security GRC, and network access and control (NAC) platforms. In all, global cybersecurity AIRO revenue was better than $9.2 billion in 2018.
The technical landscape is changing in AIRO. The major trends in cybersecurity AIRO in 2019 are:
- Each point (application/device) is its own version of truth and must be treated as its own perimeter.
- The market is moving toward automation and orchestration.
- UEBA and heuristics play an important supporting role in cybersecurity. They add redundancy and resiliency and are necessary to alert fidelity and prioritization.
- The market still sees some segmentation — however, IT/security/OT inform and bleed into each other.
- Hopefully, there is a degree of proactivity in cybersecurity (predictive analytics prevents bad behavior).
- All solutions are in evidence (best-of-breed, platforms, managed/comanaged, and professional services).
"In 2018 and into 2019, cybersecurity vendors were really on their game," notes Chris Kissel, research director, Worldwide Security and Trust Products. "Unfortunately, they have to be. New demands from the pace of digital transformation and the lethal skill sets exhibited by the cyberadversary make the people in security operation center (SOC) teams and the people that make cybersecurity appliances and platforms skittish. Does pressure create diamonds, or does it merely crush coal?"