This IDC Pivot Table includes the yearly data for mobile connectivity for the 2005–2023 period. This document looks at all the products that incorporate mobile connectivity from the perspective of silicon suppliers. The purpose of this document is to assess the size of the semiconductor market for mobile connectivity groups. Future version of this deliverable will include shipments by discrete baseband chipsets and SoCs and MCUs that contain mobile connectivity.
Two sections of data in this deliverable cover the following technologies:
- Cellular: This covers cellular connectivity from 2G through 5G, breaking out cellular IoT types, single-band and multiband 4G and 5G, and 5G by sub-6GHz and mmWave and both. This includes:
- A table of the top cellular-enabled systems
- A pivot table set up by Level 1 and Level 2 category segmentations
- A pivot table set up by cellular types previously mentioned
- Note that the two pivot tables are the same but set up in different ways to make it easier for the user to work with the pivot tables from different starting points. Each pivot table can be arranged to the user's preference.
- LPWAN: This is a summary pivot by LPWAN type