TECH SUPPLIER Jun 2019 - Market Presentation - Doc # US45029119
Infrastructure Channels Leadership Council Content: The Winning Formula for Partners
This IDC Market Presentation looks at the nine pillars of the most successful partners the IDC Channels and Alliances team has seen.
In today's highly competitive environment business leaders from all industries and markets are looking for technology to help them differentiate and be more competitive. Channel partners become increasingly important to provide customers bespoke solutions that deliver the specific outcomes that business and IT desire.
We have brought together both quantitative research and numerous in-depth interviews to produce this document. The nine pillars that collectively define the winning formula for partners are as follows:
- Partner to be focused on digital transformation (DX) to deliver continuous innovation to customers
- Emphasis on growing monthly recurring revenue (MRR) to enable internal investment in partner's own intellectual property (IP) and to deliver frequently requested operating rather than capital expenditure–based projects to customers
- Leverage 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators to build solutions that deliver customer-specified outcomes and business value
- Specialist with deep domain expertise
- Developer with arsenal of prebuilt modules (code or equipment subassembly) to streamline building customer bespoke solutions
- Has partner to partner (P2P) cocreated reusable solutions
- Has own use case–based ecosystem of partners and suppliers
- Leverages distributor/aggregator and/or marketplace resources
- Has developed its own referral business engine that leverages customer satisfaction to create customer advocates
Each topic mentioned previously is discussed and integrated into a complete profile of new DX partners that customers are looking for to help them leverage DX and stay ahead of the competitive curve.