TECH SUPPLIER Feb 2020 - Market Presentation - Doc # US46023820
Wuhan Hubei Coronavirus 2019-nCoV Impact on ICT and the Semiconductor Market in 2020
This IDC Market Presentation discusses the impact of the Coronavirus 2019-nCoV on ICT and the semiconductor market. Key takeaways from the presentation include:
- Overall, IDC believes that the market is underestimating how fast the virus has infected the population in Wuhan and the Hubei Province — expect the numbers to keep rising over the next two months at an accelerated rate.
- As of February 10, 2020, 42,767 cases were reported of people testing positive for Coronavirus, with 1,013 deaths and growing.
- Supply chain material disruptions are occurring now with quarantines in effect in Wuhan and Hubei and adjacent provinces; expect spillover to other manufacturing centers in Asia, such as Korea, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.
- IDC's Semiconductor team is anticipating a supply and demand shock in 2Q20 and 3Q20 for the computing and mobile phone markets given the supply chain disruption, travel ban, worker income loss, and shutdown of businesses that remain cautious of the spread of the virus.
- Current semiconductor revenue market forecast growth is 6% and is now expected to decline this year.
Enabling Technologies: Artificial Intelligence Edge Processor Architectures , Enabling Technologies: DRAM and NAND Memory , Enabling Technologies: Networking and Communications Infrastructure , Enabling Technologies: Processors and Architectures , Enabling Technologies: Wireless and Mobile Connectivity , Worldwide Semiconductor Applications Forecaster