TECH SUPPLIER May 2022 - IDC Survey Spotlight - Doc # US49146122
Digital-First Strategy Adoption and UCaaS as a Digital Technology Driver
This IDC Survey Spotlight analyzes results from IDC's Future Enterprise Resiliency and Spending Survey, Wave 2 (March 2022). A common theme heard from business and IT leaders is the belief that we are now living and competing in a digital-first world. Customers, partners, and employees are asking, "Is there some digital-based capability/enhancement that could improve experiences and achieve desired business outcomes?" We also asked organizations about any changes in the budgeted UCaaS spending plans for 2022, as we consider cloud-based UCaaS to be technology that can provide the digital capabilities and enhancements for communications/collaboration that organizations require today.
The survey was conducted in 18 countries with the United States (26%); China (7%); and Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, and Korea (all with 6.3%) most represented (i.e., the country in which the respondent's organization is located). Other survey demographics include:
- Organizations with 500+ employees (1,000+ employees in the United States)
- 18 vertical industries represented, none of which have >12.7% participation
IDC surveyed 796 respondent organizations, targeting enterprise IT/network decision makers with IT and line-of-business (LOB) roles:
- 63% with an IT role and 37% with an LOB role
- C-level executives (17.5%), VPs (15.1%), directors (59.7%), and managers (7.8%)
- Primary decision makers (68.8%), members of a team (26.8%), and knowledgeable influencers (4.4%)
- Midsize organizations with 500-999 employees (21.6%) and enterprises with 1000+ employees (78.4%)
This 15-minute web-based survey was conducted to gauge the impact of priorities on IT spending and organizational resilience.