target audience: TECH SUPPLIER Publication date: Oct 2023 - Document type: Market Presentation - Doc Document number: # US49869623
Industry Conversation Handbook: Worldwide Financial Services, 2023
This IDC Market Presentation is designed to provide general and synthetic knowledge to support salespeople of technology vendors when they first approach a buyer. This Industry Conversation Handbook aims to ignite a meaningful customer engagement, addressing these questions:
- What is the industry structure and what are the key business processes?
- How can you market your products/services to meet the most pressing needs of potential buyers?
- What are the specific needs of different subverticals or subindustries, and how do you position your products/services to meet these requirements effectively?
- How do you communicate competently with buyers by using language that resonates with them, and how do you initiate conversations and ask questions that are relevant to their interests and needs?
- How do you showcase the most appropriate products/services that meet the buyer's needs, and how do you illustrate with real-life examples with how they can be advantageous to the buyer?
The topics discussed in this Industry Conversation Handbook are selected by senior IDC analysts based on in-depth and ongoing IDC research about the financial services industry. It also equips sales professionals with basic information concerning the financial services industry to contact buyers with confidence. It provides a framework to spark discussions, showing preparedness and stimulating interest in technology buyers with significant conversation teasers and examples. However, it neither provides an in-depth analysis of the industry or the buyers' personas nor seeks to present a comprehensive sales strategy.
"The global financial services industry is dynamic and constantly evolving to meet changing regulatory requirements, stay ahead of the competition, and exceed consumer needs and expectations. There are significant opportunities for the technology seller that is willing to make the investment and understand the regional nuances of the market," says Abhishek Kumar, associate research director, IDC Financial Insights.