This IDC Web Conference presents an updated review of the latest outlook for consumer technology markets in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. IDC's David Myhrer discusses findings from the new IDC Purchase and Subscription Indexes and survey data, answering questions such as:
- What impact is COVID-19 having on consumers' purchase intent and behavior for technology devices and services? Are they equally impacted?
- Which categories are the early winners and losers? Why?
- With over 70% of consumer spend already allocated to services, how much higher can service and subscription spend go?
- What are the areas of growth and opportunity in the current environment?
- Will government stimulus money go only to basic needs or will some consumers buy devices and add or upgrade services?
- 2020 was to be the year of 5G growth and expansion, now what? How many consumers will still move forward with 5G plans? Which ones?
- What are the key differences by consumer profile for the way that COVID-19 is impacting?
Air interface, COVID-19, Consumer applications, Detachable tablet, Global IT and economic markets, Home electronics, Networked consumer devices, Online gaming, Slate tablet, Smartphone, Traditional desktop