This IDC Web Conference presents a discussion by David Myhrer of IDC's U.S. Consumer Technology Strategy Service on the most important consumer trends from 2Q20 and how consumer sentiment and behavior have progressed with the continued evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic and the move to reopen the economy. This IDC Web Conference also addresses related questions, such as:
- Is consumer spending really slowing? Where is it slowing, where has it remained stronger than expected, and why?
- How do consumers feel about their level of technology spending? What is driving the underlying sentiment behind their plans to spend (or not)?
- What can we expect to happen in the months ahead?
- Demand for PCs and tablets has been strong — what are the factors that point to weakening? What role do refresh rates play?
- How is consumer interest in 5G smartphones and service trending?
- What are the most important trends in services and subscriptions?
- How has consumer trust in technology brands evolved over the past few months?