TECH SUPPLIER Sep 2020 - Web Conference Proceeding: Tech Supplier - Doc # WC20200917
Connectivity's Renaissance: Enterprise Investment Plans in Uncertain Times
By: Carrie MacGillivrayGroup Vice President & General Manager, WW Telecom, Mobility & IoT Research, Courtney MunroeResearch Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications Research, Mark WintherGroup Vice President and Consulting Partner, Worldwide Telecommunications
This IDC Web Conference presents a discussion by IDC's worldwide telecom analysts on the changing landscape for connectivity and managed network services as well as future investment priorities. As enterprises come to terms with the disruption that 2020 has brought to their businesses, robust, seamless, and reliable connectivity has evolved from being a table stakes function to a strategic element for business continuity and resiliency. With many workforces becoming distributed, new demands for connectivity have emerged. With these learnings in mind, enterprises are reevaluating their network services investments.
The document includes the results of a recent survey of U.S. enterprises as well as the following discussion topics:
- How investment priorities have changed across key network services including wireless, MPLS, dedicated internet, VPN, and SD-WAN?
- How enterprises are supporting the connectivity of their work-from-home employees as well as solving the key pain points that are being experienced?
- How the importance of specific managed network services has shifted since before the COVID-19 pandemic hit the United States?
- How the role of capacity on-demand has shifted in 2020?
- Which U.S. communications services providers are best positioned to support the "next normal" as it relates to providing connectivity and managed network services?
5G Monetization and Adoption Strategies , Consumer Communications Services , Content Delivery Networks , Enterprise Communications Services , IDC Telecommunications Insights: Technology Priorities and Strategies , Managed and Cloud-Hosted Virtualized Network Services , Managed Edge and Content Delivery Services , Mobile and Internet of Things Communications Services , Small and Medium Business Communications Services
Cloud collaboration suites, Failover and failback, Home automation, Networking and connectivity devices, Remote worker, Security management, Small and medium-sized business, Telecom, broadband and video, Videoconferencing equipment, VoIP