This IDC Web Conference looks at year-over-year changes, their staying power, and what to expect for 2021. It also reviews consumer spend and behavior in 4Q20 and the year-end holiday season. 2020 saw big changes in consumer behavior, with the COVID-19 pandemic accelerating trends that were already happening and prompting new ones. Topics to be addressed include:
- Headed into the year-end holiday season, consumers were conflicted about spending on tech. How did this ultimately play out? Who spent and who didn't? Who were the winners and losers? And why?
- How did the pandemic impact: Consumers' spend overall? Tech's share of wallet? The allocation of consumers' tech spend?
- What happened to the installed base of PCs? Will these changes last?
- What about for other device categories?
- In a year with such heavy device expenditures, what happened with services?
- How have consumers' media habits changed? How is it different by generational cohort? What are the larger implications for service providers and advertisers?
- What are the most important areas of opportunity heading into 2021?