29 Aug 2018
IDC Indonesia Announces Winners of IDC Digital Transformation Awards (DXa) 2018
Directorate General of Taxation wins 2018 “Digital Transformer of the Year” for Indonesia and other companies recognized by IDC for excellence and leadership in their digital transformation (DX) efforts
JAKARTA, August 30th, 2018 – IDC announced today the Indonesia winners of the second IDC Digital Transformation Awards (DXa) at the Indonesia Digital Summit 2018. Directorate General of Taxation was named 2018 “Digital Transformer of the Year” with OVO, DBS Bank Indonesia, FinAccel, Tokopedia and Bank Rakyat Indonesia also recognized as the winners for Digital Disruptor, Omni-experience Innovator, Information Visionary, Talent Accelerator and Operating Model Master respectively. UNIKA Atma Jaya’s Danny Natalies was named DX Leader of 2018 for Indonesia.
IDC DXa honors the achievements of organizations that have successfully planned and executed transformation across one or multiple areas of their business through the application of digital and disruptive technologies. All the seven Indonesia winners will represent the country to go head-to-head with winners from other Asia Pacific countries at the regional finals in Singapore on 25th October. These winners have distinguished themselves in terms of business transformation initiatives across one or more of the five DX masteries to transform and disrupt the market in Indonesia.
“We see more local enterprises are aggressively embarking into DX especially this year. The aggressiveness and active participation of Indonesian enterprises on deploying DX are expected to be contributing to the growth of the country’s digital economy. The local government recently announced their vision to enable digital economy by making Industrial Revolution 4.0 as the key development focus for the country. As the Indonesian government aims at transforming the industrial landscape through technology, we believe that this is the right time to recognize the best DX projects in Indonesia for 2018,” said Sudev Bangah, Managing Director, IDC ASEAN.
Digital transformation (DX) is necessary for organizations to compete and adapt with the changes of business landscape in Indonesia – especially with the rapid change of customer behaviors and innovations that are disrupting the business models in the market. IDC’s recent survey revealed that there are more than 80% of enterprises that believe DX brings benefits to the organizations. While operating model, leadership and omni- experience are determined to be the immediate focus for DX, DX initiatives to drive information and work source transformation are growing to be one of the priorities now. Organizations in Indonesia are becoming aware of the benefits of using digital technologies and developing digital capabilities to fast track business growth and identify new opportunities to gain competitive market advantage. The local winners have clearly shown their capabilities to lead, thrive and develop into a digital-native enterprise in Indonesia,” said Mevira Munindra, Head of Operations, IDC Indonesia.
The winning organizations in Indonesia for the 2018 IDC DX Awards and their outstanding DX initiatives that distinguished them are:
• Directorate General of Taxation’s Directorate General of Taxation Digital Transformation named as Digital Transformer of the Year. The Directorate General of Taxation has begun to leverage digital capabilities to introduce more efficient business processes, increase touch points with citizens and the number of taxpayers, detect fraudulent transactions, and improve transparency with the public. In optimizing efficiency and effectiveness to collect tax revenue to support the growth of Indonesia's economy, the Directorate General of Taxation aims to increase registered taxpayers and boost tax revenue by 50 percent in 2021.
• OVO’s OVO Analytics named as Digital Disruptor of the Year. As part of Lippo Group, OVO provides highly personalized offers and services through a big data analytics platform that integrates information from organizations under the Lippo Group. These offers and services span across F&B, travel, and retail. As part of the OVO ecosystem, organizations under the Lippo Group use real-time insights to improve customer experience and generate new revenue streams for the conglomerate.
• Unika Atma Jaya’s Danny Natalies named DX Leader of the Year for his initiatives to create the Smart Campus of Atma Jaya University. Inspired by the growth and changes of customer behavior in the ecosystem, Danny Natalies has become the university's digital ambassador. Natalies has introduced AR/VR to support long-distance learning and learning activities in the engineering and medicine departments, as well as chatbots to facilitate student advisory on campus news and updates, to improve collaboration and user experience, resulting to higher cost efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction.
• DBS Bank Indonesia, digibank by DBS named as Omni-experience Innovator of the Year. Offering a paperless, branchless, and signatureless banking to the market, digibank by DBS has successfully enabled a new way of banking, innovating customer engagement in the market with the use of biometric technology and artificial intelligence.
• Tokopedia, Digital Products and Payments Platform named as Talent Accelerator of the Year. Driving innovation and acceleration in the organization are small, agile teams consisting of talent from areas of technology, product, and business development. Tokopedia has fast-tracked worksource transformation by incentivizing efficient use of manpower to increase speed and ownership for the entire project. By instilling a digital transformation mindset as part of Tokopedia’s mission in product development, Tokopedia successfully launched its Digital Products and Payments Platform within weeks. The demand for digital products and payments Indonesia has led to growth of the Tokopedia team by over 12 times within 30 months of launch.
• FinAccel, Kredivo named as Information Visionary of the Year. With the mission to promote financial inclusion in the country, FinAccel through Kredivo is leveraging deep data analytics and machine learning to automate the credit risk process. Kredivo offers instant credit financing to underbanked users through its smartphone application. Since its launch Kredivo has become an alternative for smartphone users to get instant access to credit by leveraging an operating model that highly values transparency, convenience, and fairness for its customers.
• Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI), BRISPOT named Operating Model Master of the Year. Determined to have the biggest operations in micro lending, Bank Rakyat Indonesia's BRISPOT is a digital platform used to improve BRI's operating model by enhancing and optimizing micro credit requests, processes, and approvals across the country.
IDC looks at two broad categories of DX requirements to determine the winners for IDC DX Awards. First is value extraction from current business/work processes. Second is on new revenue generation from innovative/disruptive business models. The former tends to focus on cost optimization, automation and talent management while the latter focuses on growth in new markets.
The IDC DX awards process follows a two-phased approach for determining country and regional winners with each nomination going through an initial assessment carried out by IDC country and regional analysts. A second phase assessment is done to review the nomination and the country/industry landscape. All winners which are finalized at the country level will automatically be placed in the regional final. The regional winners are determined by a regional panel of judges comprised of IDC worldwide analysts, industry thought leaders, and academia. Overall, the regional DX projects will be judged based on their submitted project nomination form and judges scoring carried over from the country event.
Winners from all around Asia Pacific will join the Singapore winners at IDC's DX Summit and Digital Transformation Awards (DXa) Gala Night, where the regional winners will be announced for the categories of Digital Transformer of the Year; Digital Disruptor of the Year; DX Leader, Omni-experience Innovator, Talent Accelerator, Information Visionary, and Operating Model Master.
The regional awards will happen on the 25th October 2018 at JW Marriott Singapore. For more information on the awards and judging criteria, please visit the IDC DX Awards website HERE .
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.