24 Aug 2017
Newly Published IDC MarketScapes Assess Digital Strategy and Agency Services Market Participants
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Aug. 24, 2017 – International Data Corporation (IDC) has published four vendor assessments profiling 14 leading digital strategy and agency services vendors at a worldwide level as well as within the Americas, EMEA, and Asia/Pacific marketplaces.
The four reports, known as IDC MarketScapes, are based on a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's current and future success worldwide.
Key findings from the reports revealed:
- The trend to apply innovative technologies and associated service capabilities is accelerating as digital business priorities broaden for nearly all business segments. In support of these broadening priorities, by 2021, the digital strategy and agency services market will grow to over $130 billion worldwide across all vertical markets and regions.
- Continuing from 2016, consulting firms included this these reports will invest heavily in skills, tools, partnerships, technologies, facilities, and the offerings necessary to deliver against the digital imperatives of their clients.
- Recognizing these investments, clients worldwide generally have a more positive outlook on the capabilities of their providers over prior years. The consulting skills deemed most critical in digital engagements were in the application of analytics and data science, business and technology strategy consulting, and business process and customer journey mapping.
- The top engagement characteristics that have the most impact on vendor success and satisfaction include measuring and communicating engagement value to project stakeholders, meeting deliverable commitments and timelines, measuring to limit execution risk, integrating cybersecurity strategies in digital engagements, and establishing mid-to-longer term technology road maps.
"Many business and IT executives find themselves challenged by the new set of competitive market forces and digital innovations that are disrupting the same marketplaces where they have so successfully competed in the past. Hedging against these challenges, the vast majority of executives tell IDC that their consulting partners included in these reports are not just important but critical to digital transformation success. As digitization alters the nature of business, competition, supply, and servicing operations, a growing number of organizations of all sizes and maturities will expand their use of digital strategy and agency services to create and/or maintain brand, product, and operational advantage," said Micha el Versace, research director, Digital Strategy Consulting.
The four newly published IDC MarketScapes are:
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Digital Strategy and Agency Services 2017 Vendor Assessment (Doc #US41462717)
- IDC MarketScape: EMEA Digital Strategy and Agency Services 2017 Vendor Assessment (Doc #US41462317)
- IDC MarketScape: Americas Digital Strategy and Agency Services 2017 Vendor Assessment (Doc #US41462417)
- IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Digital Strategy and Agency Services 2017 Vendor Assessment (Doc #US41462217)
To learn more about IDC's digital strategy consulting services, visit www.idc.com.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape criteria selection, weightings, and vendor scores represent well-researched IDC judgment about the market and specific vendors. IDC analysts tailor the range of standard characteristics by which vendors are measured through structured discussions, surveys, and interviews with market leaders, participants, and end users. Market weightings are based on user interviews, buyer surveys, and the input of a review board of IDC experts in each market. IDC analysts base individual vendor scores, and ultimately vendor positions on the IDC MarketScape, on detailed surveys and interviews with the vendors, publicly available information, and end-user experiences in an effort to provide an accurate and consistent assessment of each vendor's characteristics, behavior, and capability.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data, and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn.