29 Aug 2019
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Shipments Declined 5.6% Year Over Year in the Second Quarter, According to IDC
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., August 29, 2019 – The worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) market declined 5.6% year over year with more than 22.2 million units shipped in the second quarter of 2019 (2Q19), according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker. Both inkjet and laser unit shipments showed negative year-over-year growth in 2Q19, down 6.6% and 3.5%, respectively.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- Ink Tank devices, on a global basis, enjoyed positive year-over-year growth of 3.4% in unit shipments. Epson led the pack with more than 2 million units shipped in 2Q19.
- Color laser MFPs grew 2.0% year over year to more than 1.4 million units shipped worldwide in 2Q19.
- Japan recorded a year-over-year increase of 4.7% to more than 1.1 million units shipped for the quarter. The year-over-year growth was propelled by a positive performance in the inkjet segment, which posted a 6.6% gain.
- With a year-over-year decline of 3.3%, HP Inc. outperformed all other companies in the top 5 in terms of unit shipments. The vendor showed year-over-year increases of 0.5% and 3.5% in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) and the U.S. markets, respectively.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company Share, and Year-Over-Year Growth, Q2 2019 (based on unit shipments)
2Q19 Unit Shipments
2Q19 Market Share
2Q18 Unit Shipments
2Q18 Market Share
1. HP Inc.
2. Canon Group
5. Kyocera Group
Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, August 2019
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC).
- Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at email@example.com.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copy the following code into your site