04 Dec 2019
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Shipment Value Increased 1.1% Year Over Year in the Third Quarter, According to IDC
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., December 4, 2019 – The worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) market saw its overall shipment value grow 1.1% year over year to approximately $11.6 billion in the third quarter of 2019 (3Q19). Unit shipments during the quarter declined 3.9% to 24 million, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- Japan recorded year-over-year growth for the second consecutive quarter with shipments up 6.1% to more than 1.5 million units. The growth was propelled by positive performances in both the inkjet and laser segments, which grew 5.7% and 7.7% respectively.
- The A3 color laser market posted 5.7% year-over-year growth with approximately 653,000 units shipped worldwide in 3Q19. Contributing to the growth was a 7.2% year-over-year increase in A3 color laser MFP shipments.
- Epson outperformed all other companies in the top 5 in terms of shipment growth. The vendor delivered a year-over-year increase of 4.3% with worldwide shipments of more than 4.6 million units in the quarter.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company Share, and Year-Over-Year Growth, Q3 2019 (based on unit shipments)
3Q19 Unit Shipments
3Q19 Market Share
3Q18 Unit Shipments
3Q18 Market Share
1. HP Inc.
2. Canon Group
5. Kyocera Group
Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, December 4, 2019
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at email@example.com.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools.
Click here to learn about IDC's full suite of data products and how you can leverage them to grow your business.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading tech media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights: http://bit.ly/IDCBlog_Subscribe.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copy the following code into your site