04 Jun 2020
Five Companies Applying Artificial Intelligence to Patient Engagement Issues Named IDC Innovators
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., June 4, 2020 – International Data Corporation (IDC) today published an IDC Innovators report profiling five companies that are applying artificial intelligence (AI) to patient engagement in healthcare. The five companies are: Cogitativo, Integra Connect, Jvion, LifeLink, and Medial EarlySign.
Healthcare organizations have been slow to adopt AI as they often lack data management and/or data science skills. However, the use of AI embedded in applications is seeing some success in the market. Because of their expanded data ingestion capability and computational expertise, clients utilizing AI can gain more granular insights into the health of their population, receive recommendations on next best action, and provide guidance to patients during their healthcare journey.
Improving the healthcare experience for consumers and patients is among the highest priorities for both payers and providers. Patient engagement is a set of processes to actively involve a patient in their care by establishing shared goals and personalizing wellness/care plans to improve specific health conditions and monitoring outcomes. AI is being applied across many of the processes for patient engagement. For example, AI can help to identify high-risk patients and reveal the drivers of risk so that the right care plan can be established. AI can also be used to help patients navigate the healthcare environment and improve patient compliance.
"Seeing the value AI can bring to patient engagement, healthcare organizations are looking to their technology suppliers to adopt AI to improve the health outcomes for their patients," said Cynthia Burghard, research director, IDC Health Insights.
The report, IDC Innovators: AI for Patient Engagement, 2020 (Doc #US46298920), profiles five companies that are applying artificial intelligence (AI) to patient engagement in healthcare. Patient engagement technology includes analytics to identify patients with health risks, workflow to manage patients, and outreach technology to communicate with patients. The vendors in this IDC Innovators document have technology in one or more of these categories.
- Cogitativo combines healthcare data with machine learning algorithms to identify problems, uncover insights, and make recommendations on process changes that are based on Cogitativo's intellectual property combined with the client's unique situation.
- Integra Connect offers a specialty care platform that cleanses and normalizes data from providers and payers, subjects it to analytics that identify patients at risk, monitors clinical and financial performance, and delivers insights that optimize patient care and quality.
- Jvion uses computational capabilities, an AI asset containing patient, socioeconomic, and third-party data, and machine learning algorithms to address patient outcomes across a wide range of clinical conditions and make recommendations of next best action.
- LifeLink provides a platform for chatbot solutions that enables clients to address complex workflows and uses conversational AI to help patients navigate the healthcare experience, resulting in better engagement in their care.
- Medial EarlySign combines laboratory, clinical, and electronic medical record data with computational rigor to detect patients that are at risk or in the early stage of a high-burden illness, allowing clinicians to intervene at the earliest opportunity.
About IDC Innovators
IDC Innovators reports present a set of vendors – under $100 million in revenue at time of selection – chosen by an IDC analyst within a specific market that offer an innovative new technology, a groundbreaking approach to an existing issue, and/or an interesting new business model. It is not an exhaustive evaluation of all companies in a segment or a comparative ranking of the companies. Vendors in the process of being acquired by a larger company may be included in the report provided the acquisition is not finalized at the time of publication of the report. Vendors funded by venture capital firms may also be included in the report even if the venture capital firm has a financial stake in the vendor's company. IDC INNOVATOR and IDC INNOVATORS are trademarks of International Data Group, Inc.
For more information about IDC Innovators research, please contact Karen Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading tech media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights: http://bit.ly/IDCBlog_Subscribe.
Copy the following code into your site