26 Feb 2021
Worldwide Shipments of Hardcopy Peripherals Increased 5.6% Year Over Year in the Fourth Quarter of 2020, According to IDC
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., February 26, 2021 – The worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) market saw overall shipments grow 5.6% year over year to approximately 27.0 million units in the fourth quarter of 2020 (4Q20). Shipment value during the quarter declined 5.1% to $11.1 billion, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker. Strong shipment growth in the second half of the year was responsible for the 0.4% overall unit growth for the full year 2020. Market value declined 12.3% for the whole year, however, due to low shipments of high-end office devices.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- Year-over-year shipment growth was observed in six of the IDC's nine regional markets, with China leading the way at 18.4%. Similar to last quarter, the common theme in 4Q20 was the increased demand for low-end consumer inkjets and monochrome laser devices, which were readily available toward the end of the year at competitive prices.
- Both inkjet and laser markets posted year-over-year gains with shipments increasing 7.9% and 3.7%, respectively. In the laser market, low-end A4 monochrome laser shipments grew year over year due to working from home and home education needs.
- HP Inc. outperformed all other companies in the top 5 in terms of shipment growth. The vendor delivered a year-over-year increase of 13.7% with worldwide shipments of nearly 11.2 million units in the quarter.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company Share, and Year-Over-Year Growth, Q4 2020 (based on unit shipments)
4Q20 Unit Shipments
4Q20 Market Share
4Q19 Unit Shipments
4Q19 Market Share
1. HP Inc.
2. Canon Group
5. Kyocera Group
Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, February 6, 2020
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices whose primary application is document printing in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunction printers (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC).
- Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at email@example.com.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools.
Click here to learn about IDC's full suite of data products and how you can leverage them to grow your business.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading tech media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights: http://bit.ly/IDCBlog_Subscribe.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copy the following code into your site