01 Dec 2021
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripheral Shipments Showed Double-Digit Year-Over-Year Decline in the Third Quarter of 2021, According to IDC
NEEDHAM, Mass., December 1, 2021 – The worldwide hardcopy peripherals market declined 20.4% year over year in the third quarter of 2021 (3Q21) to nearly 21 million units shipped. Manufacturing constraints and logistical issues were the main causes for most brands to not have enough inventory to fulfill orders. Shipment value also decreased 11.0% year over year during the quarter to $9.2 billion, according to new data from the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
Notable highlights from the quarter include the following:
- Epson and Kyocera Group were the best performers among the top 5 companies, increasing 0.9% and 9.8% year over year, respectively. Epson continued to expand in the ink tank market while Kyocera showed significant laser growth in the European market.
- Inkjet shipments in the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan and China) region saw the least impact from stock availability and logistics constraints. The region recorded a year-over-year decline of 4.8% with more than 2.2 million units shipped in the quarter.
- On a sequential basis, the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan and PRC) region witnessed an increase of 12.6% in inkjet shipments and 10.8% in laser. Many vendors were still facing challenges in production due to the shortage of semi-conductors. However, due to better allocation of stocks for their channels, both inkjet and laser markets in the region performed better than last quarter.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company Share, and Year-Over-Year Growth, Q3 2021 (based on unit shipments)
3Q21 Unit Shipments
3Q21 Market Share
3Q20 Unit Shipments
3Q20 Market Share
1. HP Inc.
3. Canon Group
5. Kyocera Group
Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, November 11, 2021
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC).
- Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at email@example.com.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly Excel deliverables and on-line query tools.
Click here to learn about IDC's full suite of data products and how you can leverage them to grow your business.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology, IT benchmarking and sourcing, and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading tech media, data, and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copy the following code into your site