Publication date: 31 May 2023
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Shipments Increased 2.2% Year Over Year in the First Quarter of 2023, According to IDC
NEEDHAM, Mass., May 31, 2023 – Worldwide shipments of hardcopy peripherals grew 2.2% year over year to 22.8 million units in the first quarter of 2023 (1Q23). Shipment value also expanded 14.0% year over year during the quarter to $11.0 billion, according to new data from the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- Improved product availability, back-order fulfillment, and fewer restrictions on factory capabilities contributed to the year-over-year gains in both units and shipment value on the global level.
- All regional markets, except Japan, recorded year-over-year gains in shipment value in 1Q23, with the United States leading the chart at 27.7% growth, followed by China (PRC) at 19.1% and Western Europe at 11.7%. Improved inventory for some of the leading brands combined with the return to normal operations and pent-up demand to drive shipment value growth in the corporate sector and the A3 segment.
- Three out of the top 5 vendors posted positive year-over-year unit growth in 1Q23 with Epson at 11.2%, Brother 16.0%, and Pantum 33.9%.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company Share, and Year-Over-Year Growth, Q1 2023 (based on unit shipments)
1Q23 Unit Shipments
1Q23 Market Share
1Q22 Unit Shipments
1Q22 Market Share
1. HP Inc.
3. Canon Group
Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, May 31, 2023
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly Excel deliverables and on-line query tools.
Click here to learn about IDC's full suite of data products and how you can leverage them to grow your business.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,300 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology, IT benchmarking and sourcing, and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading tech media, data, and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copy the following code into your site