IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Network Infrastructure Tracker® provides a quantitative view of key network infrastructure technologies. Specifically, this tracker provides quarterly revenue based on IDC's research into the following markets: Ethernet switch, application delivery controller (ADC), ADC as a service (ADCaaS), network virtualization overlay(NVO)/SDN controller, FC switch, InfiniBand switch, router, WLAN, IP telephony, and enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence. All markets are further segmented by their place in the network and a number of deployment scenarios. The data in this tracker leverages IDC's qualitative and quantitative enterprise networking expertise to provide quarterly quantification of technology spending in the network infrastructure markets. The technology forecasts developed for this tracker take into consideration IDC's global expertise on key datacenter infrastructure trends.
The service provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in vendor revenue.
- Technology: Ethernet switch, ADC, ADCaaS, NVO/SDN controller, FC switch, InfiniBand switch, router, WLAN, IP telephony, and enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence
- Place in network: Datacenter and non-datacenter
- Deployment: Service provider (SP), enterprise, and consumer
- Deployment type: Cloud provider, communications SPs, and enterprise
- Cloud deployment: Public cloud, private cloud, and traditional datacenter
- Architecture: Hyperscale, non-hyperscale, and traditional datacenterOptional Content Add-Ons
- Ethernet switch by place in network, speed (100Mb, 1,000Mb, 2.5Gb/5Gb, 10Gb, 25Gb/50Gb, 40Gb, 100Gb, and 200Gb/400Gb), product (fixed managed and modular), and vendor
- Ethernet switch ODM Direct data by vendor, product (fixed managed), and speed (1,000Mb, 10Gb, 25Gb/50Gb, 40Gb, 100Gb, and 200Gb/400Gb)
- North America
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
- Asia/Pacific (including Japan) (APJ)
- Latin America
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Network Infrastructure Tracker, clients receive data in an Excel pivot table via idc.com and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usage.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided by IDC's Worldwide Datacenter and Multicloud Networks Continuous Intelligence Service (CIS).