The Worldwide IT Spending Guide: Line of Business examines the line-of-business functional opportunity from a technology, an industry, and a geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about line-of-business technology investments by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 12 technology markets: Across hardware, software, and services groups: Hardware (IaaS, network equipment, server/storage, devices), software (applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure software), services (business consulting, key horizontal BPO, managed services, project oriented, and support services categories)
- 12 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, and transportation
- 11 functions: Accounting/finance/billing, customer service, engineering, architecture and research, human resources, operations, IT, legal, marketing, sales, security and risk, and supply chain management
- 2 funding types: Business funded and IT funded
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, country, technology, industry, function, company size, and funding type; delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide IT Spending Guide: Line of Business provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional level and a total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.