The Worldwide Robotics and Drones Spending Guide examines the robotics and drones opportunity from a use case, technology, industry, solution type, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the robotics and drones market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the robotics and drones market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 3 robotic system technology groups with 19 technology categories: Hardware (effector, sensor, consumer robot, industrial robot, service robot, enterprise network, server, and storage), software (command and control, network infrastructure software, and specific applications), and services (application management, education and training, facility modification, hardware deployment and support, network consulting, management and integration, operations and technology consulting, and systems integration)
- 3 drone system technology groups with 17 technology categories: Hardware (effector, sensor, consumer drone, industrial drone, service drone, server, and storage), software (command and control, network infrastructure software, and specific applications), and services (application management, education and training, hardware deployment and support, network consulting, management and integration, operations and technology consulting, and systems integration)
- 46 use cases, including: Assembly, automated production — mining; autonomous vehicles — mining; construction site inspection; surveillance; aerial photography; consumer; inspection; mixing; filling and preparation; painting; pick and pack; power line, foliage and telephone line inspection; produce inspection; security; surgical; vehicle and infrastructure inspection; and welding
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 5 solution types: Consumer drone, enterprise drone, consumer robot, industrial robot, and service robot
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by geography, technology, industry, and use case; delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Robotics and Drones Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional level and a total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing market segments of the robotics and drones market and how the market will develop over the coming years.