The Worldwide Security Spending Guide examines the security opportunity from a technology, industry, company size, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the security technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the security market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 47 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of the Middle East and Africa, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela
- 3 technology groups with 32 technologies: Hardware (content management, data loss prevention hardware, firewall/UTM, IDP/IPS, and VPN), software (access and information protection, antimalware, authentication, consumer, data loss prevention software, device vulnerability assessment, forensics and incident investigation, legacy authentication, messaging security software, network security software, other security software, policy and compliance, privileged access, proactive endpoint risk management, provisioning, security device systems management, security information and event management, security suites, server security, single sign-on, software vulnerability assessment, and web content inspection software), and services (consulting services, integration services, IT education and training, managed security services, and support security services)
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
Annual five-year forecasts by technology, industry, company size, and geography delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Security Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional level and a total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, technology, company size and geography, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing market segments and how the market will develop over the coming years.