The Worldwide Small and Medium Business Spending Guide examines the SMB opportunity from a technology, a company size, and a geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the SMB market by viewing trends and relationships and comparing data across different segments.
This product covers the following segments of the SMB market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Japan, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 40 technologies: 12 hardware markets across devices and infrastructure; 23 software functional markets across applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure software; 3 IT services secondary markets including project oriented, managed services, and support services, and 2 business services markets including business consulting and key horizontal BPO
- 4 company size segments: 1-9, 10-99, 100-499, and 500-999 employees
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by country, technology, and company size; delivered twice a year
- IDC's standard company size and technology taxonomy and methodology
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Small and Medium Business Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected total IT opportunity in the SMB market at a country level, a regional level, and a total worldwide level. Segmented by company size and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing segments of the SMB market and how the market will develop over the coming years.