IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Consumables Tracker® fills demand for detailed, timely, and accurate information on the revenue of aftermarket supplies. This includes data and insight into global trends around categories such as original versus non-original consumables of the ink and toner market. The program provides insightful analysis and semiannual market share data. The core of the product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in the competitive consumables market. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Consumables Tracker® is built on the foundation of IDC's network of country-level tracking services and bottom-up methodology.
This worldwide tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in consumables units and value.
- Ink and toner cartridges for home and office printers and MFPs
- Product origin: Original and non-original (compatible, refilling services, and counterfeits)
- Inkjet (color and monochrome, all speeds)
- Monochrome laser 1–90ppm
- Color laser 1–69ppm
- Additional data details are available in the EMEA and Asia/Pacific excluding Japan and PRC (APEJC) consumables trackers. These two semiannual regional trackers provide extensive data coverage, down to the model level.
- Copier toner is not covered.
- Regarding the APEJC region, PRC and India consumables products are quarterly trackers.
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan and PRC (13): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of Asia/Pacific
- Central and Eastern Europe (7): Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, and the rest of CEE
- Latin America (3): Brazil, Mexico, and the rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (7): Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, UAE, the rest of Africa, and the rest of the Middle East
- United States
- Western Europe (7): France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, and the rest of Western Europe
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The deliverable for this tracker is historical data. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.