The Worldwide Blockchain Spending Guide examines the blockchain opportunity from a use case, a technology, an industry, a deployment type, and a geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the blockchain technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the blockchain market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 10 technology markets: Across hardware, software, and services groups: Hardware — servers, external storage system, network equipment, IaaS, and other hardware; software — blockchain platform, security software, and other blockchain software; services — business services and IT services
- 3 deployment types: On premises/others, public cloud services, and all deployment types
- 17 use cases: Asset registration; asset/goods management; claims processing, filing, and management; cross-border payments and settlements; custody and asset tracking; energy settlements; equipment and service/parts management; identity management; lot lineage/provenance; loyalty programs; payment/cross-carrier management; property ownership management; regulatory compliance; trade finance and post-trade/transaction settlements; transaction agreements; voting/elections auditing; and warranty claims
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, technology group, technology category, technology, sector, industry, use case, and deployment type delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Blockchain Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional level and a total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing market segments and how the market will develop over the coming years.