IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Security Products Tracker® is a comprehensive global data tool that details vendor share and forecast information on security disciplines. These include endpoint security, identity and digital trust, network security and security analytics, intelligence, response, and orchestration.
Spending on these network security technology areas continue to increase as organizations segment networks and add services to secure more and more hybrid environments. Customers are focusing on manageability and simplification across environments in addition to addressing the latest threats. This tracker will help clients understand which companies can deliver on the premises of security effectiveness, manageability, and future proofing.
The tracker is built on the strong foundation of IDC's Software Tracker and Security Appliance Tracker, coupled with IDC's extensive network of local expertise across the globe, ensuring that the market competition and opportunities represented are true to reality.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor shares for 20 security markets. Measurement for this tracker is revenue. The tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the several technology areas.
- Endpoint security: Consumer, information protection and control, modern endpoint, and server security
- Network security: Cloud security gateway, messaging security, network sandboxing, web content security, DDoS mitigation, web application firewall, firewall/UTM, IDS/IPS (IDP), NAC, and VPN/SSL
- Identity and digital trust: Authentication, identity management, legacy identity, and privileged access management
- Security analytics, intelligence, response, and orchestration
- Deployment type segmentation
- Hardware appliance
- On premises/other
- Public cloud services
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. Deliverables for this tracker are:
- Historical deliverable: Half-year vendor shares by market (three full years)
- Forecast deliverable: Annual five-year forecasts by market
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include three full years of historical data and five years of annual forecasts. Forecasts are available at the worldwide level. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Markets (see the Technology Coverage section)