The Worldwide Edge Spending Guide examines the edge market opportunity from a technology, industry, geography, and technology domain perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the edge technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the edge market:
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 17 technology markets: Across hardware, software, and services categories: hardware — compute, gateways, network equipment, and storage; software — AI and analytics, security, systems infrastructure, and other software; services — engineering, managed services, project oriented, support and deployment, colocation, connectivity, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and wholesale
- 105 use cases: Production asset management, public safety and emergency response, omni-channel operations, freight monitoring, intelligent transportation systems, smart grid, automated preventative maintenance, and more
- 6 domains: AI, AR/VR, drones, IoT, robotics, and the rest of domain
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
Annual five-year forecasts by technology, industry, geography, and domain, delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's edge provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.