IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Accelerated Server Tracker® greatly enhances industry stakeholders' ability to quickly and effectively respond to the highly dynamic accelerated server market. Understanding the degree to which key segments of this global market are being deployed provides business-critical information for technology suppliers, channel partners, and all participants within the supply chain. This product provides worldwide accelerated server sales (i.e., complete systems) by top server vendors and key technology segments.
This tracker provides worldwide market size and vendor share for the technology areas listed in this section. This tracker measures the market in new system shipments. Systems shipped directly by server vendors as well as those shipped indirectly by channel partners (e.g., distributors, integrators, VARs) are included.
Core Coverage at Launch
- Accelerator type: GPU, FPGA, ASIC
- Socket capability: 1, 2+, 4+
- CPU type: x86, RISC, and other
- Product (form factor): Large system, tower, multinode, rack optimized, blade
- Vendor type: OEM versus ODM Direct
Additional Coverage in Successive Deliverables
- Top 5–10 server vendors
Geographic Coverage at Launch
- All data will be worldwide at the time of launch
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Microsoft Excel–based pivot tables are also available. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. Deliverables for this tracker are:
- Top 5–10 server vendors participating in this market, based on worldwide sales
- All deliverables provide historical data and exclude forward-looking forecasts
- Periods presented as 1H and 2H of each historical year (i.e., semiannually)