The fourth industrial revolution, fueled by technologies like cloud, AI, big data, mobile, and IoT, is propelling a digital transformation in the way we work across the globe and in every industry. Just as the first industrial revolution drove technological and social change, this revolution fosters human-machine collaboration, enables new skills and worker experiences, and supports an environment unbounded by time or physical space changes. IDC's Worldwide: Future of Work - Spending Guide sizes the technology and business dollars related to these transformations. Delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool, users can easily extract meaningful information about technology markets, regional adoption, industries, and use cases.
This product covers the following segments of the future of work (FoW) market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 15+ technology markets: Across hardware, software, and services categories: hardware (robots and drones, wearables, personal devices, and more), software (analytics and artificial intelligence, intelligent process automation, content and collaboration, data management software application development software, facilities management, enterprise applications, and more), and services (project-based services, managed services, support and training, and other services and materials)
- 15+ use cases, including: Dynamic workforce sourcing, high-quality candidate experience, digital leadership development, real-time employee engagement, adaptive skill development, identity and access control for building and facilities, strategic workforce design, remote team enablement, expanded knowledge workforce, smart buildings, intelligent space management, collaborative robotics, intelligent project management, automated back-office operations, and 3D product design and review
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 3 future of work domains: Work culture, work source, and workforce
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, technology market, FoW domain, use case, and industry; delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide: Future of Work - Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.